Friday, January 12, 2018

My Word of the Year for 2018- INTENTIONAL



December 30, 2016:  We experienced the death of a wonderful man/father/husband and friend.  His illness started back at the age of  26 with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  You never knew he was in pain, because he never complained but always was kind, humble and generous in his own quiet way. He listened without judging, he was your biggest cheerleader but most importantly you felt his love because it was intentional and direct- without clause.  He was on heavy medications, endured terrible pain/flareups as this disease destroyed his joints. He underwent multiple neck and back surgeries to keep the arthritis at bay but in the end, he went home to be with the Lord surrounded by his family.
Webster's Dictionary Defines INTENTIONAL-in'ten(t)SH n al:  an aim or plan, a person's designs, the healing of a wound.

I feel like- "we wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of superior life"- Dieter F. Uchtdorf... 

Are you kidding me?  This is ME, RIGHT NOW, ALL.THE.TIME.  The busyness in our lives right is completely Un-intentional but this quote hit me like a ton of bricks.. WOW..  Our kids are involved in 3 sports, my husband coaches football, we both work full time out of the house, etc. etc. etc.  How can I lead an intentional life when basically I can't see past the next hour because our schedules are so jammed packed.  I'm sure others feel the same way but we need to stop the busyness,  for the sake of our families, our selves and our world.  The cliché "take the time to smell the roses" is in the back of my mind.  Slow down, look at the world around you, take time to listen/see/smell/taste/feel before you look back and wonder where did the time go.  There will be no badge, trophy or someone saying "atta girl/boy" when your schedule is busy, jammed packed, and you are rushing from place to place/event to event.  The accomplishments that busyness has to offer are poor health, ineffective productivity, miserable relationships and a lonely life.  So my friends, Live Life INTENTIONALLY, with purpose and we will all benefit.  I know I am going to try.. 

Love your guts,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Joanna Gaines for bringing us Beautiful Shiplap!!

And now for the afters.. Shiplap everywhere..  Well maybe not everywhere, but on the majority of the first floor.  If it was up to me, I wou...