Friday, January 12, 2018

My Stitch Fix Report


My fix arrived on 1/3/18 the exact day it was scheduled to arrive-even despite the busy holiday season.

The packaging was better than a Christmas present.  So pretty and girly. I loved everything they sent.  Incidentally, the one beautiful shirt they sent was IN.MY.CART.AT.NORDSTROM.ONLINE!   Unfortunately, both shirts they sent were too big.   A pair of pants fit perfectly, but I had a similar one and the black puffer vest again, I already had one that was pretty much the same.  Returning the items couldn't have been easier. I just folded them up and put them in the self-addressed stamped bag that comes with every order, and gave it to my husband to drop off at the post office.  Definitely easy for me! :)  

When you receive your order and determine that you don't want to keep an item, you log back into your stitch fix account and tell them why its being returned- simply by checking a box.  Was the item too big, too small, too expensive or it wasn't your style.  I also left a note to my stylist stating that "I am generally between sizes.  If an item is boxy/straight/runs big I would need a medium, if its form fitting/tight, I would need a large.  Hopefully, providing more information to my stylist helps them to send me items that I love and fit well.  I will keep you posted.

Sports Mom Uniform
My stylist really listened to the type of clothes I was looking for.  Most of my time is spent on a baseball/football/lacrosse fields and in basketball courts.  She sent me clothes that were casual yet stylish, comfy and easy to move around in.  Normally, I would wear jeans and a sweatshirt/long sleeve t-shirt in our school logo/colors that we buy to support the teams.

SO was the the Stitch Fix a success? ABSOLUTELY. 110%.  There are so many reasons it was successful for me.  First, the stitch fix box was just for me.  As a busy, full time working, sports-o-rama mom, I find that my time is spent on my kids, my husband, and my job as a nurse, so very rarely do I have time for myself.  And that's ok, at this juncture in my life, but it was nice to have someone to put a little focus on me.  Secondly, it helped me look outside my comfort zone. Instead of my "mom uniform", I had a cute shirt that I styled to take my look to the next level.  The shirt was so cute, and it gave me the confidence to pull different pants together for different looks with the same top.   They also sent cards with outfit ideas using the items they sent, so you can pair with what you already own.
Outfit Cards

 
My Cowl Neck Top with items I had in my closet.
 So thanks "Andrea", my Stitch Fix Stylist, I can't wait to see what you send the next time.

Let me know if I can answer questions, and use my referral code to wave your first $20 styling fee.
Stitch Fix

Love your guts!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Joanna Gaines for bringing us Beautiful Shiplap!!

And now for the afters.. Shiplap everywhere..  Well maybe not everywhere, but on the majority of the first floor.  If it was up to me, I wou...